That’s right. Last week I adopted a servicemember and I got an Airman. This week my daughter Sofia sent him a fun “letter.” She wrote him a message—spread out over 19 postcards! We’re calling it a Postcard Scramble. As you’ll see, it’s pretty easy.
- Write your message on a piece of paper. This way you know how many postcards you need.
- Write one word of your message on each postcard.
- Above each word, identify where it falls within the message. So “Dear” was 1 of 19. His name was 2 of 19 and so on.
- Address and add postage—35¢ for postcards.
- We shuffled them and mailed in batches of 4 or 5 over a few days because we’re hoping to make more than one mail call.
Here they are after she finished writing (and before I added his info). On two of the cards she put more than one word because, “they are important.” Can you solve the scramble?
My mom adopted you so that kinda makes you my big brother 🙂 Thank you for your service. ❤ Sofia
Originally she didn’t want to add the number system (1 of 19 etc) but, there’s a fine line between fun and annoying. Plus I wanted to make sure the right message came across: that we care that he’s out there and that we are grateful for all he’s doing.
*name changed for privacy
© Gina left the mall, 2015